Tuesday 4 August 2009

1950's Inspiration...
















Hi,













So I felt inspired to write :). Was looking through an old pile of magazines and the front cover of You Magazine was Amy Adams, the actress from Enchanted, with her hair in 1950s style waves, red lipstick and with a white glove held to her face. She looked so glamourous, like a throwback to the era where starlets truly looked like stars!

I love the look of 1950's starlets and women in general, because it is so feminine and glamourous. The look of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and nowadays, I feel it is epitomised by Dita Von Teese.

It's the perfectly made up porcelain skin, groomed eyebrows, waved but healthy glossy hair (not straightened to within an inch of its life), beautiful dresses, kinched in waists and high heels. Just think it is beautiful!!

My grandmother, who was in her 20's in the 1950's to this day, always looks immaculate, with perfectly done make up, belts kinching in her waist, lovely jewellery and high heels. She epitomises glamour to me, and thats why I am so inspired by the era where women looked truly glamourous and feminine....



Dita Von Teese is such a style icon to me because she is a throwback to this era with her own quirky twist.


Above are some photos of Dita, Marilyn and my favourite 1950's styles....



El xxx
















2 comments:

  1. It's a much belated comment but I love the style of the 50's. My friend Sahar and I love watching old films, she loves Audrey Hepburn, James Dean and Rita Hayworth. Always worth dressing up to the nines for anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dita. Everything about her is so glamorous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts here! I appreciate every single comment. Lots of Love xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...