Tuesday 2 February 2010

Fairy Tale Princesses...



image: google images and deviantart.com


Inspired by a wonderful blog i read today- called 'Waiting for My Glass Slipper', I have decided to post about fairy tales ! I love the idea of fairy tale stories, having studied them more in depth at university as well, they are much more complex then at first meets the eye! For more feminist/ grotesque fairy stories try Angela Carter but I personally prefer traditional ones.


I am very very excited about seeing the new Disney film 'The Princess and the Frog'! Not only is it the first black disney princess BUT the film is also the first film in a long time with an animated disney princess (sadly Fiona from Shrek cannot count... as its Dreamworks...).

I love the old fashioned dresses, chivalry, castles......I would say my favourite fairy tale.. (I think it can count as one?) is Beauty and the Beast. I particularly love the dancing teapot and cups...



Happy fairy tale dreaming.... :)






El xxxx














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts here! I appreciate every single comment. Lots of Love xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...