Tuesday, 5 July 2011
Does anyone else have the biggest problem with hoarding anything and everything?
This week I have been wanting to make my room a haven of tranquility and peace. Instead it currently looks like a mish-mash of all my adventures and loves, thrown together on a blank canvas. Which in a romantic way, is wonderful.
My room contains:
*jewellery box with a lady in an indian saree by a lake, from india.
* the shell i got at elmina castle in ghana last summer
* a silk painting from israel and another painting my sister got me
*my memory boxes, journals and photo albums.
* the 10 pound vintage bargain i got last year- the beautiful 1930s hand mirror and clothes brush. which i still havnt found a proper home for.
*marilyn monroe posters
*teddies, trinkets and more... all from friends.
* my goldfish- florence and the machine (yes i have a goldfish called 'the machine'!)
and of course...
* my 3 million and one books which splurge out everywhere.
So really- help. My question this Tuesday is:
How do you get rid of things you have an emotional attachment too? Or do you just keep them in storage forever?!
Would love to hear your answers,