Saturday 16 July 2011

Harry Potter Quote.











This last week has been my 'Harry Potter' week. I caught up on the sixth film, and part 1 of the seventh (I'd already read the books but somehow had missed out these two films!) and yesterday I went with my lovely cousins to see Deathly Hallows Part 2. I won't spoil it for other fans, except to say I found it moving and breathtakingly beautiful.


I love this quote:


It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" - Albus Dumbledore 


I am a big dreamer, so much so that sometimes I forget to enjoy the present. This is so important to remember.


For all of us who've grown up with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hogwarts and magical life, who waited every year for the book to come to our doorstep so we could devour it and share the news with our friends, who watched the films, who identified with the characters, this is the end for now. That such a work of literature can be so complex, and beautiful and inspiring is what touched me most when I went to see the film yesterday.




JK Rowling- Thank you.


xo


(image: Harry Potter Nuts Blog)

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I still haven't seen the new movie yet and i am so excited to. Yes i remember waiting for the arrival of the new books. My dad used to buy just one and my brother and i would take turns over who got to read it first. We always fought about that however i guess it didn't matter too much as we are both fast readers and it took us only a few days to read it. Hope you enjoyed the films you missed xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that makes me tear up... :) It's sad, because I have been reading Harry Potter for so long! JK Rowling really did create a whole magical world, and I will happily reread the book series once a year probably. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts here! I appreciate every single comment. Lots of Love xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...